Radio Notes; WOWFM 100.5; Social Media Talk; 19 June 2014
Discussion ranged from:
- Using Twitter and all the various social media platforms – creating lists to keep the news feed relevant.
- Social media for business marketing – it’s harder to stay in the news feed but it’s where small businesses can excel as they have a better, or closer understanding of their inner community and impact.
- Social media used in education and for learning, in particular my interview with Tali. We stemmed the conversation into providing education on social media etiquette etc **I took the stance (soap box) that we need to improve and increase what we are teaching our kids – we have a guardian role and we should be teaching boundaries and providing guides (a bit like sex education and/or what to do if a stranger approaches you education).
- Social media and online scams and what to be wary of – everything and don’t click. Certainly don’t share information publicly.
- Social media and online opinions and platforms and don’t be a victim of being caught. If you don’t want someone to know – don’t put it online. Anywhere.
Thanks to Jimbo.