Originally blogged: https://charlierobinson.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/radio-abc-891-14-august-2014-social-media-news/
6 GUIDES FOR VIDEO LENGTH:
- 3 Seconds is all it takes for a commercial to be watched or skipped. Use the seconds wisely. Ads be gone. Unless it’s fun and quirky and then hey…
- 15 Second videos are great if all you want to do is capture attention in a news feed (use Tout or Instagram)
- 30 – 45 Second videos are OK for a traditional commercial style video and you can say quite a bit in that time, but these days it’s a little bit “no-man’s land”.
- 120 Seconds is great for a full “key message” a statement
- 3 Minutes is perfect for a skit or educational piece, 3 sections – a statement intro and content can easily be achieved and doesn’t bore the viewer.
- 10 Minutes is acceptable for an ongoing story. This is where the YouTube personalities are kicking in.