To embrace the meaning of people over 50 to have meaning. Continue reading Charlie’s Social Media Predictions for 2018: Consumers
Mum has always loved getting my postcards sent to her via Touchnote. If you haven’t heard of it, Touchnote is a postcard-sending service. #hattip Touchnote first came into my world via Helen Sanderson. The Wiki explanation of Helen is this: she … Continue reading Let’s share mother’s day again; via an app
It was only a few years ago people would request the sarcasm font (what seemed like) every post… Ha! Oh the irony of black and white characters appearing straight up on a computer screen, not helping people to be funny, so … Continue reading When irony makes a post more engaging, it’s fate is sealed
Way back when… the mobile telephone and fax machine were innovations, as were numerous other communication devices. We traveled through the period of everyone wanting a website, survived the dot.com crash, lived through ‘everyone wants an app’ and have rolled our … Continue reading Social Media Guidelines; The Elevator Pitch
Think about the acronym Continue reading The chocolate “ECLAIR” theory – for social media
Tips shared via Twitter… Continue reading Social Media Tips | #prcaring
A collection of articles and stories shared via various news sources and resources. Continue reading The Best of 2015 Hashtags Instagram Twitter and Fun
*This is a living page – sharing key messages I made a symbol for Lebanon too. #parisattacks #beirutattacks #peace pic.twitter.com/fGMosHhiIP — Kristian Labak (@krustabred) November 14, 2015 //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Hashtags Some good, some not so: http://thenextweb.com/eu/2015/11/14/paris-a-tale-of-two-hashtags/ #PorteOuvertes #ParisAttacks #PrayForParis For Australians … Continue reading #prayforparis – a collection of social media activities, notes and advice
7 Ways a Business Could Capture Audience Interest via Periscope Continue reading Periscope
CHARLIE-HELEN ROBINSON ON-AIR; ADELAIDE DRIVE TIME With Michael Smyth. For online listeners; here’s my MP3 ABC Radio Segment Collection Facebook. Is continuing to innovate with video and messaging services to capture the younger market. Messenger is now the 2nd most popular … Continue reading RADIO ABC 891; 10 SEPTEMBER 2015; SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS
CHARLIE-HELEN ROBINSON ON-AIR; ADELAIDE DRIVE TIME With Michael Smyth WELCOME. For online listeners; here’s my MP3 ABC Radio Segment Collection Facebook; RIP LOL Company Says in Report That ‘Haha’ Has Overtaken ‘LOL’ in Online Chats (yep “e-laughing” is now a “term”) According … Continue reading RADIO ABC 891; 13 AUGUST 2015; SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS
More fast tips about Facebook #justbecause Continue reading 3 More Fast Tips | Facebook
Facebook for engagement via either pages or your personal profile Continue reading 3 Fast Tips | Facebook Engagement
Twitter for sharing news from your Personal or Business Profile Continue reading 7 Fast Tips | Twitter
For your Facebook profile, page and group. Continue reading 3 Fast Tips | Facebook
Similar to taking a selfie, you may wish to experiment in the privacy of your own home to work out which is your best side and what your smile looks like. Continue reading Grounding your best head shot image
We’ve been using the social medias to share and have conversations for years. What is emerging are distinct members of our community who are excited to embrace the visual storytelling it provides for others eg “follow my journey” or “have a look … Continue reading Storytellers of a Modern Age; Using the Selfie on a Journey
Be creative with your content. Have a bit of fun if you can (of course if it’s suitable to the topic and subject only). You will soon be a natural. Happy writing. Continue reading Plan your Articles in 6 Easy Steps
Services like The Conversation are the future. Continue reading Navigating the media jungle; your guide to staying relevant.
While many public relation or media scenarios only need the “one story angle” written when issuing a press (news) release, when pitching to sell a story to a journalist or media outlet, it’s better to have a few story themes … Continue reading Tips for Pitching Your Media Story 3 Ways
Originally blogged: https://charlierobinson.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/radio-abc-891-14-august-2014-social-media-news/ 6 GUIDES FOR VIDEO LENGTH: 3 Seconds is all it takes for a commercial to be watched or skipped. Use the seconds wisely. Ads be gone. Unless it’s fun and quirky and then hey… 15 Second videos are … Continue reading QUICK TIP | 6 GUIDES FOR VIDEO LENGTH
Curiosity for the online voice and conversation platforms is prevalent, regardless of whether schools are adopting or not. Continue reading Q; How can we use Facebook to Improve Communication and Learning Outcomes
For many industries, having a business with no online or social media presence, is like trying to run that business without the help of good employees.
Increasingly, your achievements, whether personal or business, are based on how well you are known through word of mouth mechanisms.
You are known through your brand, reputation and profile. And online, this translates to awareness generated by word of mouth through the social media platforms; either by you or your customers.
Aside from explaining who you are and helping your potential customers understand you, people like to know who you are and what you stand for.
Therefore increasing the information you share on the social media platforms about your business, in particular Facebook, will increase awareness about your business. You will no longer just be another face in the crowd.
And remember a picture speaks a thousand words.
We’ve previously mentioned how having an opinion online is a good thing. Using photos, information, quotes, testimonials and other elements will help you win the hearts of customers. It is very good for you and your search engine optimisation. People will find you.
Here’s 6 Ways to Increase Your Profile Online:
- Keep your About Me areas up to date, including ensuring your LinkedIn Company and Facebook Business Page short and long description sections are complete. Copy information from your website for consistency across all social media or online platforms.
- Talking about About Me… do you have an About.Me account? It’s a free service acting like an online business card. Very useful.
- Use all Social Medias relevant to your customer or audience demographics. If LinkedIn or Facebook are the most relevant, work them. However, do consider others such as academia.edu for example, if they are relevant to your public profile and gaining credibility.
- Tip: You will need a public profile strategy to determine best platforms.
- Hint: The only social media platform that is treated differently, is LinkedIn. Ask me why when we meet.
- Make sure your Long Description is just that. Long. You could even write a paragraph about each staff member/employee that customers will come into contact with and then further explain in detail whatever it is you sell or provide a service for. Make it keyword rich.
- Don’t know what a keyword is? Read about them by clicking on this keyword phrase… [about me, awareness, social media, bio, description].
- (Alternatively) Use Facebook Notes area to include biographies about yourself and key staff members. On these note pages, use images and quotes to make them more visually appealing. LinkedIn Company Pages now have “off-shoot sub-pages” where you can profile individuals.
- Use a Facebook Image Album to add more information about products, people and services. Each image uploaded should include a link back to your website for more information (ie use Facebook as a teaser). Include images on your LinkedIn Company page – and on your personal do this against each job listed like a portfolio (it may simply be a photo of you at a networking event).
- Use a Profile Photo that is reflective of the style of person you are. Make it friendly and approachable (hopefully you are!).
This is, in no way, an exhaustive list, and neither should it be. It is a first step.
Contemporary public relations requires a level of understanding across ALL the medias these days but there are levels of understanding within every profession, and there are levels of understanding. My own stance has been to say, “Look at how long they have been doing it, what their level of engagement is like across ALL social medias (not just Facebook, and certainly not just Twitter), and if they are living and breathing like me, then you have found yourself a good one.” There are some goodies out there, you just have to look for the right things. Continue reading 7 Reasons Why You Should Do Business With Me
If you have genuine camera shyness, there are methods to help you ease the pain. Continue reading QUICK TIP | 3 Steps to Relieve Camera-Shyness
FaceBook has brought me many friends. Some to poke, share posts, throw sheep, discuss concepts and theories. Whatever. And then some come along and share with me so much insight, wisdom and deep understanding that it makes me shut-up and listen. I met Jim Manning through his FB group “Save the Australian Wine Industry”. We held a common interest in wine – him with his group (and many winery friends) and me with my own wine group, Bring out the Dead Reds – that we had so much to discuss. Jim’s passion for conversation and making things happen were very … Continue reading Interacting with experts: Jim Manning speaks