CHARLIE-HELEN ROBINSON ON-AIR; ADELAIDE DRIVE TIME
Michael Smyth Deb Tribe!
For online listeners; here’s my MP3 ABC Radio Segment Collection
Colourful Facebook Profile Pictures Take Over the World
Is this another quick opportunity for Facebook to experiment and get data about human behaviour? It’s a good one! Story source: The Atlantic “Were all those Rainbow Profile Photos Another Facebook Experiment?”
From other news…
Facebook is not the only technology company that showed its support for marriage equality. Apple has been supporting benefits that covers same sex partners since 1993. Google, Amazon and Microsoft also filed friend of the court papers in a U.S. Supreme Court case involving the Defense of Marriage Act, according to CNET. Those companies insisted that the lack of federal recognition of same sex marriages negatively affects company morale and makes tax benefits complicated.
And, have you seen all the header updates – Google, WordPress… etc
LinkedIn Professionals Take Note!
Profiles, let’s get back to basics (high unemployment means we need to make sure you are up to date!)
Top 10 things to do (or not do).
- Profile: clear head shot
- Profile: clear headline statement (use keywords)
- Profile: add contact details
- Bio: Use keywords.
- Bio: Be clear. Focus on what YOU want and promote that.
- Not so obvious: include 8 years on employment information (or 3 jobs)
- Not so obvious: say what the company does before you say what you do
- Not so obvious: use high level statements about your role – no dot pointed roles and responsibilities that make you scroll on for pages.
- Networking: Use the groups wisely and sparingly – don’t make it look like that’s all you do? That said, get involved.
- Networking: Read a persons bio before offering the deal of their life (in the work they already do). Don’t email an offer before establishing a relationship or connection with them.
Social: Congratulate, comment, share appropriately and be friendly – but professional.
Publish: On topic, relevant, interesting. Best content being FAQ’s FACTS and TIPS
Continue reading “RADIO ABC 891; 01 JULY 2015; SOCIAL MEDIA NEWS”