- i have been friends with bruce for over 20 years. he is precious. we are best friends face to face and enjoy some banter online.
- i have been friends with anti for years and years and she’s one i love offline whilst she relies on me online. kinda. LOL
- i met jimbo via facebook about three years ago. we each ran a wine group on facebook and discovered we both lived in adelaide and had many mutuals. our philosophies are incredibly similar and we have since forged a friendship that sees us through thick and thin. we are now friends offline more than online.
- i met dana, my now house mate, a couple of years back through my wine group too (and via facebook and via a couple of other people who had introduced her to the wine group concept). she’s now considered family and we sit in the same room and banter online.
- i met monnie via many social platforms and enjoyed the banter or just watching this kid grow and learn (she was about 19 when first introduced). through monnie i met her mum and we are now great mates. we try and catch up both online and offline!!
- i have met others online, some new ones, some old ones, some who never cross the line to being offline.
more recently i transitioned a facebook friend from online (2D) to offline (3D). there are in many ways a friendship that is forming based on learnings and banter. time will tell if this friendship lasts but the education factor is proving worthwhile. there’s always lessons and remembering the 3D elements will help.