Unearthing book extract: “One of the reasons blogging has become popular is due to the interaction it provides. It gives people a voice, creating a conversation. With services so entwined these days it also allows the conversation to happen anywhere. So, whilst the blog may have been written using the service called WordPress, or Blogger (by Google), the conversation about an opinion or article or thought on Facebook or Twitter. It provides a mechanism to kick start.
Various articles and opinions pieces have been provided over the years, most notably:
- David Hawkins is a New York based wine consultant, with a patriotic calling to defend the honour of Australian wine, first experienced as the token Aussie on the Wine Committee of the Tokyo American Club. While he can never have enough Barossa Shiraz or Clare Valley Riesling, he can easily be lured astray by Loire Valley whites and Piedmont Reds. And pretty much anything else worth opening.
- Shane Barker provides information about McLaren Vale wines via his blog (Lonely Grape) and he produces video tastings (via Lonely Grape TV).
- Sue Redman is the author of ‘Creative Cooking with Confidence’ cookbook, available for purchase in Angus & Robertson and Dymocks bookstores. Her love for food goes beyond merely eating it – Sue believes food allows you to be social and creative.
- Nathan H Gray shares stories and experiences in his travels from far and wide and across the miles with us. He also discussed the international trade market, in particular looking at China.
- Graham Parks provides banter and commentary in a vast range of wine related topics and has a definite affiliation with what is happening in government and regulation land.